Welcome to the land where ancient castles guard misty lochs and wild deer roam heather-flecked hillsides.
Glenfinnan, Scottish Highlands
SCOTLAND - AT A GLANCE
- If you want to experience the Scotland of your dreams, it’s definitely here.
- Travel from the buzzing cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow to the off-the-beaten-track beauty of the Highlands and islands, untouched by time.
- You can stretch your legs hiking majestic mountainscapes, or wander pristine beaches where your footprints will be the only ones in the sand.
- So look beyond the bagpipes and whisky and you’ll uncover a dynamic country where you’re as likely to find experimental music and theatre as you are tweed and tartan.
- There are multiple options when it comes to getting to Edinburgh. You can fly there from most cities in around an hour. Alternatively, you can get the train from London which takes about 4 hours 30 minutes.
Explore Beautiful Scotland
VisitBritain Shop Exclusive Offers
BritRail Central Scotland Pass
Unlimited rail travel around Scotland's biggest cities on a single great-value pass
National Trust for Scotland Discover Ticket
A single ticket for more than 100 of Scotland’s most spectacular heritage properties.
What's New in Scotland
If you love the thrill of the open road, you can't miss the North Coast 500. Scotland's answer to Route 66 is the road trip that will make for the journey of a lifetime. The newly opened touring route promises to reward those who traverse it with a superlative Scottish experience. If towering mountains, mysterious lochs, secret beaches and fairytale castles call to you, then get your mixtapes ready and take a ride on the NC500.
Top 10 things to do in Edinburgh
Planning a trip to Scotland's capital city? Not sure where to start? From world-famous festivals to the most Instagram-worthy view of the city, we've got your guide to the best of Edinburgh. Now get to planning your perfect trip and don't forget those walking shoes!