Liverpool at a glance
- This is the place for all things Fab Four. You can spend an afternoon at The Beatles Story museum, see the houses where John Lennon and Paul McCartney grew up and enjoy a night out at the Cavern Club, where the band famously performed.
- Or explore some of Liverpool’s 7 free museums. You can ponder modern art at the Tate Liverpool or entertain the kids at the excellent World Museum Liverpool.
- Local Liverpudlians are sports mad. The city is home to two of the Premier League’s biggest football teams – Liverpool FC and Everton FC.
- Did you know? Many of the main attractions are concentrated around the historic Albert Dock. Get yourself oriented on an Introducing Liverpool walking tour, which run daily.
- VisitLiverpool has lots of great ideas to inspire your visit.
- The journey from London to Liverpool takes around 2 hours 15 minutes by train.
Things to do in Liverpool
- An award-winning exhibition showcasing the life, times, culture and music of The BeatlesFrom $27.50
- The new Anfield Stadium Tour is an immersive & spine tingling experience which is perfect for all ages!From $37.00
- A full day trip to Liverpool including return train tickets from LondonFrom $250.00
- Exclusively available on the VisitBritain Shop. Free entry to over 300 historic properties – a great value way to explore British heritageFrom $64.00
Where is Liverpool?
Situated in Lancashire, in north-west England, Liverpool is a three-hour train journey from London. Flying in? Jump on a flight to Liverpool John Lennon Airport, which is served by major airlines including Ryanair and easyJet.
Getting around Liverpool
- Head to Merseyrail trains for all the information on train travel and to plan your journey around Liverpool
- Enjoy a true Liverpool experience with a trip on the historic ‘Ferry Cross the Mersey’, operated by Mersey Ferries
- Hop on one of the city’s electric buses or head out on Liverpool’s cycle trail, for an eco-friendly way to explore