The capital of Scotland makes an unforgettable impression with its historic, hilly landscape atop a series of extinct volcanos.
EDINBURGH - AT A GLANCE
- A sense of history is all around you here - Edinburgh won’t disappoint if you’re looking for a flavour of old Scotland.
- Get lost in the cobbled alleyways of the Old Town topped by the sturdy Edinburgh Castle, admire the Georgian splendour of the New Town and climb Calton Hill for outstanding views across the city and the sea beyond.
- Edinburgh is home to more Michelin-starred restaurants than any other part of the UK outside London, so if you’re in the mood for an award-winning dinner, you’re in luck. Try Castle Terrace or The Kitchin for first-class modern food using the finest Scottish ingredients.
- And don’t forget to sample a warming dram or 2 of the national drink on a Scotch Whisky Tour.
- Edinburgh is well linked to the rest of the UK by road, rail and air. The quickest option to get to Edinburgh from London is to fly, which takes 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Get to know Edinburgh
- Shopping in Edinburgh
- Whisky tasting in EdinburghWhisky tasting in Edinburgh
- Climbing Arthur's Seat