A ridiculously pretty series of villages, amid rolling hills.
COTSWOLDS - AT A GLANCE
- Think of England and The Cotswolds may well spring to mind. This area of limestone hills is picture-postcard England at its most enchanting.
- Explore villages made of honey-coloured stone, sip pints in ancient pubs and see some of Britain’s most beautifully preserved medieval churches. It’s a favourite getaway for British celebrities so excellent food and luxury places to stay abound.
- England and Wales’ largest Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) straddles 6 counties: Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, South Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Wiltshire and Bath & North East Somerset.
- Enjoy a picnic by the brook in Castle Combe, one of Britain’s prettiest villages.
- Quaint stone cottages, a medieval church and plenty of places to shop or enjoy tea make this an enchanting place to explore.
- Cirencester is thought of as the capital of the Cotswolds. From London, it’s a 2 hour 20 minute train journey. Oxford is also a convenient gateway to the area – you can get there from London in just 1 hour by train.
New year, new you: The best spots to detox in BritainRead more
New year, new you: The best spots to detox in Britain
Cheese rolling - is this the world’s craziest festival?Read more
Cheese rolling - is this the world’s craziest festival?
Introducing Travels in Britain - Video Web Series - Explore Oxfordshire in Episode 1Read more
Introducing Travels in Britain - Video Web Series - Explore Oxfordshire in Episode 1
Blenheim Palace and the Cotswolds Tour (1 Day)