The city that gave us The Beatles, Liverpool has moved on from its industrial roots to become one of Britain’s most dynamic and vibrant cultural centres.
LIVERPOOL - AT A GLANCE
- This is the place for all things Fab Four. You can spend an afternoon at The Beatles Story museum, see the houses where John Lennon and Paul McCartney grew up and enjoy a night out at the Cavern Club, where the band famously performed.
- Or explore some of Liverpool’s 7 free museums. You can ponder modern art at the Tate Liverpool or entertain the kids at the excellent World Museum Liverpool.
- Local Liverpudlians are sports mad. The city is home to two of the Premier League’s biggest football teams – Liverpool FC and Everton FC.
- Did you know? Many of the main attractions are concentrated around the historic Albert Dock. Get yourself oriented on an Introducing Liverpool walking tour, which run daily.
- VisitLiverpool has lots of great ideas to inspire your visit.
- The journey from London to Liverpool takes around 2 hours 15 minutes by train.