This surfing county is the most south-westerly in England, and a favorite for holidays.
CORNWALL - AT A GLANCE
- With a combination of pristine sandy beaches and surf-ready waves, Cornish towns such as Newquay and St Ives offer an irresistible getaway.
- Tantalizing views of deep wooded valleys and wide vistas of sparkling blue sea combine with a varied and luxuriant landscape, historic market towns, attractive fishing villages and picturesque riverside hamlets.
- It’s most south westerly point, Land’s End, dips into the Celtic Sea.
- Truro is the only city in Cornwall.
- From London, it is about 4 hours and 20 minutes by train.
Devon and Cornwall tastes