This picturesque region of England is famed for its manicured gardens and seaside towns.
SOUTHEAST - AT A GLANCE
- Counties in Southeast England include Oxfordshire, Surrey, East Sussex and Kent – known as the ‘Garden of England’.
- The Southeast is also recognisable for its gentle rolling countryside. Here you’ll find 2 national parks: the New Forest and the South Downs.
- The region is also rich in cultural attractions, from Windsor Castle in Berkshire to Canterbury Cathedral in Kent.
- Much of the Southeast is easily accessible from London.
- Cool seaside getaway Brighton, for instance, is just over 1 hour south by train.