A bibliophile's paradise.
HAY-ON-WYE - AT A GLANCE
- Hay-on-Wye has almost 40 bookshops full to the rafters with thousands of titles - so you’re guaranteed to find what you’re looking for.
- If you visit in May you'll catch the annual Hay Festival of Literature, which attracts some of the greatest names in the literary world.
- Explore the atmospheric ruins of nearby Llanthony Priory, an early 13th-century Augustinian church. The site is open all year and entrance is free.
- The towns’ location just inside the Brecon Beacons National Park offers visitors stunning scenery and a wealth of outdoor activities including the Monmouthshire and Brecon canal making Hay-on-Wye the ideal base for exploring.
- Hay-on-Wye is about 2 hours 20 minutes from Cardiff by train.