Tenby’s Welsh name means ‘little fortress of the fishes’.
TENBY - AT A GLANCE
- A suitably charming Welsh name for this walled seaside town with a lively boating community.
- Walk its 13th-century walls, admire its brightly coloured buildings and enjoy a day on its fantastic beaches.
- Time travel at the Tudor Merchant’s House, which is furnished as it would have been in the 1500s. Back then, the merchant and his family likely sold goods traded at Tenby’s busy port from the front of the building – from spices to wool – and slept upstairs.
- Don’t miss Tenby Museum and Art Gallery near the harbour, it is the oldest independent museum in Wales.
- Tenby is in Pembrokeshire, so an excellent stop off point for exploring Britain’s only almost entirely coastal National Park.
- From Cardiff, you can reach Tenby by train in 2 hours 45 minutes.
Practice your magic at this Harry Potter themed afternoon teaRead more
Practice your magic at this Harry Potter themed afternoon tea
What's hot for England, Scotland and Wales in 2017Read more
What's hot for England, Scotland and Wales in 2017
Feeling blue? The best British destinations for getting over a breakupRead more
Feeling blue? The best British destinations for getting over a breakup