Home to Britain's only predominantly coastal national park.
Couple walking along the coast, Pembrokeshire, Wales
PEMBROKESHIRE - AT A GLANCE
- In this county in south west Wales you’ll discover Britain’s magnificent coastal National Park.
- Wooded estuaries give way to rugged cliffs, gorgeous golden beaches, natural rock formations and sea caves, making this one of the most rewarding areas of coastline to explore in Britain.
- People love to visit for cosy country cottage breaks. They spend their days walking sandy stretches of coast or visiting beautiful islands such as Caldey Island.
- You won’t want to miss Britain's smallest city, St Davids, with its charming boutiques and cafes.
- The town of Haverfordwest is the region’s centre, and from here there are great bus links to places of interest.
- From Cardiff you can get to Haverfordwest by train in 2 hours 40 minutes.