Tenby’s Welsh name means ‘little fortress of the fishes’.
TENBY - AT A GLANCE
- A suitably charming Welsh name for this walled seaside town with a lively boating community.
- Walk its 13th-century walls, admire its brightly coloured buildings and enjoy a day on its fantastic beaches.
- Time travel at the Tudor Merchant’s House, which is furnished as it would have been in the 1500s. Back then, the merchant and his family likely sold goods traded at Tenby’s busy port from the front of the building – from spices to wool – and slept upstairs.
- Don’t miss Tenby Museum and Art Gallery near the harbour, it is the oldest independent museum in Wales.
- Tenby is in Pembrokeshire, so an excellent stop off point for exploring Britain’s only almost entirely coastal National Park.
- From Cardiff, you can reach Tenby by train in 2 hours 45 minutes.
Explore magical things to do in Britain with our map!Read more
Explore magical things to do in Britain with our map!