Charming "city in the countryside."
Salisbury Cathedral at dawn, Salisbury, England
SALISBURY - AT A GLANCE
- This historic city is known for its half-timbered houses and atmospheric medieval streets.
- It is also visited for its unique shops and range of restaurants.
- The spire of it’s gothic cathedral, the tallest in Britain, is never far from view.
- You’ll find Salisbury in the county of Wiltshire.
- It’s a great base for exploring Stonehenge, which is just a 20 minute drive away.
- Salisbury is about 1 hour 30 minutes southwest of London by train.
Golden Tours - Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury