This peninsula’s Gaelic name means ‘the sanctuary’.
APPLECROSS - AT A GLANCE
- The lush greenery and unspoilt beaches of this region certainly live up to its name, which means 'the sanctuary'.
- Take in the mountain views and look over the sea to the nearby Isle of Skye as you explore this gorgeous part of the Scottish coast.
- Miles away from the demands of modern life, you can hop in a kayak and explore at your leisure.
- Or visit local craft shops and a walled garden café.
- Situated in the far north west of Scotland, your best bet is to hire a car and enjoy the spectacular scenery on the way as a road trip. By public transport, you can get there in about 7 hours from Edinburgh, by flying to Inverness and then getting a bus on to Applecross.
Explore magical things to do in Britain with our map!Read more
Explore magical things to do in Britain with our map!
Spellbound by Scotland's answer to America's Route 66Read more
Spellbound by Scotland's answer to America's Route 66