The final resting place of Richard III, Leicester is steeped in history and culture. By night it buzzes with music and nightlife, so be sure to get out and about.
LEICESTER - AT A GLANCE
- Leicester is historic but futuristic, buzzing yet relaxed.
- Unusual shops, fine restaurants, a vibrant nightlife and a strong cultural diversity have all contributed to Leicester's recent style revolution.
- The final resting place of Richard III, you can even follow in his last steps here.
- Alternatively, explore infinity and beyond at the National Space Centre.
- If you like being on the move, take a boat trip on the Grand Union Canal, or experience the past with a steam train journey at the Great Central Railway.
- You can get to Leicester by train from London in around 1 hour and 15 minutes.