Exeter’s medieval heritage shines through in its cobbled streets and Gothic cathedral while it’s large university population adds a youthful vibe.
EXETER - AT A GLANCE
- Exeter Cathedral is one of England's most beautiful medieval churches, dating back over 900 years. Now a top attraction, visitors can climb the 251 steps to the rooftop to enjoy breath-taking panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- With numerous famous artworks and historical artefacts on display, Exeter's award-winning Royal Albert Memorial Museum is a must-see.
- There’s lots to keep you busy in the evening - thousands of Exeter University students guarantee a buzzing nightlife while the well-heeled locals sure up the city’s buoyant culinary scene.
- To step straight from the 21st century into the 14th, visit the swanky Princesshay shopping centre and search out the entrance to a network of medieval underground tunnels which lie underneath.
- Did you know? Only 30 minutes away by car is Dartmoor National Park – a wildly beautiful moorland, ideal for walking and hiking.
- To find out about the city’s best restaurants, hotels and attractions, check out the official Exeter website.
- Exeter is in the county of Devon, in the South West of England, approximately 2 hours 15 minutes from London by train.
Three Palace Royal Pass
See three of the best Royal Palaces in London with a single ticket, and save 10%